All reasonable hours by appointment
Mobile Legal Service for the Adelaide Hills and Adelaide Metro Area
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims – car accident injury lawyer

Car Accident Injury Lawyers

What can I do if I’ve been injured?

The South Australian CTP (Compulsory Third Party) scheme assists people injured by a motor vehicle – including motor bikes, buses, trucks, trams or trains, regardless of whether the injured person is a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian; if there is negligence on the part of the other driver. Time limits apply in both notifying of and making a claim, so it is important to get the correct advice as soon as possible.

What needs to be proven?

In the first instance, LawCall will investigate whether your injury is as a result of the negligence of another party. The other party may include the driver of the vehicle you are a passenger in. There is no need for two vehicles to have been involved in the accident, so cover can extend to a passenger in a sole vehicle accident, or a cyclist or pedestrian hit by a vehicle. The situation might have been an unidentified hit and run, and cover will still function. Note that it is the insurance company that pays the compensation.

Recently changed, the CTP scheme is complicated, relatively new and mostly untested through the courts, so it is important to get advice from an expert traffic accident injury lawyer.

Insurers can and do contact injured people offering to settle on the insurer’s terms. I, in my experience, am generally able to negotiate more favourable terms. I have your interests in heart, whereas the interests of the insurer tend to differ. If you are approached in this way, I encourage you to speak to our expert traffic accident injury lawyer as soon as possible. The initial no-obligation consultation is free.